What to Do If You Have Sustained a Minnesota Workplace Injury

Injuries at work are a serious problem that can lead to lost productivity, increased workers’ compensation costs, and employee dissatisfaction. While some workplace injuries are caused by accidents, many are the result of repetitive motions or exposure to hazardous materials.

If you’ve been injured at work, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Even if your injuries seem minor, it’s important to have them evaluated by a medical professional.

Once you’ve seen a doctor, you’ll need to notify your employer. In Minnesota, employers are required to provide workers’ compensation insurance, which covers workplace injuries. Benefits for a Minnesota workplace injury can include medical expenses, wages lost while you are unable to work, and death benefits.

To file a claim, you’ll need to fill out a workers’ compensation claim form and submit it to your employer. Your employer will then forward the form to their insurance company. Once your claim has been approved, you’ll receive benefits that will cover your medical expenses and lost wages.

You may be wondering if you need to hire a workers’ compensation attorney. The answer depends on the severity of your injury and the circumstances surrounding your case.

If your injury is minor and your employer is cooperative, you probably won’t need an attorney. However, if your injury is more serious or if you feel like your employer is not following the rules of workers’ compensation, you may need to seek legal assistance. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney can help you understand your rights and options and make sure that you receive the full benefits to which you are entitled.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This