Everyone knows that a car isn’t going to be the winner in an accident with a truck. The truck is much bigger, much heavier and more solidly built. The driver of a car has no control over whether or not the truck driver is distracted, or the truck’s brakes are defective. The driver of the car can control their own behaviour and, quite possibly, save their own life or the life of any passenger.
How To Avoid Being Crushed by a Truck
Defensive driving skills are always important, but some defensive driving skills are particularly relevant when sharing the road with a truck. Inexperienced drivers, in particular, may not understand that trucks are not as maneuverable as a car and cannot stop as quickly.
• Do not drive close behind a truck or close beside a truck. There are certain spots where the car becomes “invisible”.
• Do not change lanes suddenly in front of a truck.
• If a truck begins to merge or change lanes, either slow down or speed up to avoid getting in the truck’s way.
• Do not drive up on the right side of a truck that is making a right turn, ever.
• If a truck is approaching an intersection and coming toward you, do not make a left hand turn in front of a moving truck. It’s hard to judge how fast the truck is going. Just wait until the truck has gone through the intersection.
• Never try to pass a truck unless there is plenty of room and visibility is very good.
• On a very windy day, a car can be blown out of position by passing a truck and then being exposed to turbulence and the wind. Be very cautious.
• Avoid driving between two large trucks; the filling in the sandwich gets squashed.
• Always remember that a truck needs much more room to stop than a car.
Drivers of cars need to do the best that they can to avoid an accident with a truck. However, despite their best efforts, they may find that their only recourse is a Truck Accident Lawsuit. When a truck driver is negligent, or there is a mechanical problem with the truck, causing a truck/car accident, anyone in a car will probably be severely injured or killed. If you believe that you are entitled to file a Truck Accident Lawsuit, visit Website Domain and request a free consultation today.
For more updates, follow us on Facebook.