Gutters play an important role in protecting your home. They aid in directing water away from your home which prevents many issues, including but not limited to leaks and molding. When your gutters aren’t functioning properly, they can’t do their job of protecting your home. Clogged or non-functional gutters can even end up damaged themselves and may require replacement.
To prevent issues, regular maintenance can help, including gutter cleanings. A good cleaning will clear away debris and help your gutters to function better, preventing the buildup of materials that can conceal and harbor other issues. To find out more, read on and learn more about residential roof gutter cleaning in Peachtree City.
Why Clean My Gutters?
There are many reasons why you should have residential gutter cleaning done regularly. Here are a few reasons why:
• Water Damage – Clogged gutters often result in water damages since the water cannot be properly redirected away from your home.
• Loosened Gutters – The weight of debris buildup can loosen, damage, and even snap gutters and downspouts.
• Vermin and Mold – Don’t forget that clogged gutters are a great place for mold to grow and all types of pests to move into.
- Dry Areas – Residential gutter cleaning at least once a year is generally recommended.
- Woods – If you’re surrounded by tall trees, you may need your gutters cleaned two to three times annually.
- Areas with Snow and Ice – Sometimes ice and snow can be heavy and damage your gutters. This type of buildup may also be too dangerous to remove on your own, which may call for the aid of a professional service.
In general, it’s best to avoid DIY cleaning. While some general maintenance can be completed with a power washer, you’ll still want to rely on professional services to help you out as well, at least once annually for a deep cleaning.