Finding out you have to move out of state or perhaps out of the country can be very exciting, but it can also be a more than a bit overwhelming. It is important to choose from the moving companies in Birmingham, AL to find a single company that you are confident can move your belongings to your new home.
In most situations, families or individuals will have time to spend reviewing and finding out more about the moving companies in the city that can handle an out of state or international move. This is not a move that should be rushed, and taking the time to find the right company will give you peace of mind and make a potentially stressful situation much easier.
There are a few essential questions to ask moving companies in Birmingham, AL, that you are considering for the job. Ideally, try to narrow it down to three or four, as more than that is simply too difficult to manage. One way to develop a short list is to ask for referrals from people you trust or spend some time with online reviews reading the experience of others.
Ask about the Company
Think of talking to moving companies as an interview process. You want to get to know a bit about their background and about the people that will be handling your move. Some questions to ask along this line include:
- How long have you been in business?
- How much experience do your drivers, movers and packers have?
- What types of trucks and equipment do you use?
- Do you have a moving crew at my destination location?
- Do you use temporary workers or all your movers and drivers full or part-time employees?
- Have you licensed and a member of any professional associations?
Ask about the Services
While the price of the move for any moving companies is going to be based on the services provided, you also need to make sure they can offer what you need. Questions to ask about this include:
- Do you do a free, no-obligation in-home estimate?
- Do you provide a binding, guaranteed not to exceed or non-binding estimate?
- What standard insurance is provided and what additional insurance is available?
- What items are restricted or cannot be moved on your trucks?
- Do you have storage available and is it secured?
You may have additional questions to ask moving companies in Birmingham, AL before making a final decision. The good news is that once you interview your short-list you will find best moving company rises to top in services, professionalism, price and availability.