It’s probably no real surprise that there are dozens of types of massage techniques available on the market. This can make it difficult to understand what type of massage is best for what situation and what massage will only serve to exacerbate your current problems. With two of the most common massage types being the deep tissue massage and Swedish massage, we wanted to offer some insight into what each is all about.
If you step foot into a massage parlor in Chantilly, VA, you can expect to find the Swedish massage as one of your options. This technique is the foundation for western massage and, as such, is also one of the most prevalent. With a Swedish massage, there is kneading, long strokes, and friction involved. These are all associated with promoting relaxation and improving circulation. Pressure might be light or firm, depending on the location you visit, but you can expect it to be less firm than a deep tissue massage will be.
Here are a few important things to keep in mind about Swedish massage:
* Known for relieving stress.
* Includes longer strokes, friction, and kneading techniques.
* Light to firm pressure possible.
* Foundation of western massage.
* Relaxes and lengthens superficial muscle tissue.
Deep Tissue Massage
You might think from the name that deep tissue massage means that heavy pressure is applied but this isn’t necessarily true. Most of the techniques of a Swedish massage are utilized but for different reasons. The massage pressure can be deeper, but it doesn’t always have to be. Deep tissue massage works by stretching the connective tissue around your bones, muscles, and nerves. It helps reach deeper areas which can improve posture and help with movement.
These are things to understand about a deep tissue massage from a massage parlor in Chantilly, VA.
* Works through tissue and into the deeper layers of muscle tissue.
* Helps relieve chronic pain and assists in injury recovery.
* May be deep in pressure but may also not be.
* Ideal for breaking up knots and scar tissue.
* Specific work that is based on finding certain outcomes.
As you can see, there are many differences between these two massage techniques. If you are looking for an experienced staff at a massage parlor in Chantilly, VA, to provide either, Far East Therapy can help. You can reach our website at www.FarEastMassageTherapy.com to find out more.