Many people enjoy the feeling of getting a massage but did you know that there are many medical benefits that can be achieved through massage therapy? Massage therapy in Germantown WI offers many excellent benefits that will make people feel better and have more satisfactory lives.
1. Relieves Stress – stress is a killer that causes a host of medical problems. People are often told that they need to lower their stress levels but they are not often told how to do that. Massage is an excellent stress reliever that helps people with their emotional feelings such as anxiety, depression and fear. It also helps alleviate pain which helps people feel happier and more comfortable. Excess stress puts a strain on the immune system resulting in more sickness. By getting regular massage and lowering stress levels people can live happier and healthier lives.
2. Releases Endorphins – endorphins are the body’s natural pain killers. They also create feelings of euphoria and enhance the body’s immune response. Our skin is full of nerves that when rubbed or massaged causes stimulation and releases brain chemicals. When there are high levels of these chemicals coursing through the body people feel less pain and have lowered amounts of stress.
3. Improved Circulation – better circulation has many health benefits such as less fatigue and warmer feet and hands. Massage increases the flow of oxygen through the body which helps eliminate metabolic waste and reduce blood pressure.
4. Aids in Detox – detoxing is all about cleaning out the body and improving how the body absorbs nutrition. By getting rid of toxins in the body people can experience improved skin and hair and more energy. Increasing blood circulation aids in detoxing the body and helps to get rid of toxins and chemicals. A lymphatic massage will give people a deep cleaning effect and a stronger overall detox.
5. Improved Range of Motion – when a body is healthy it is more flexible and is able to move with more comfort and ease. Massage helps work the muscles in the body to make movement easier and increases flexibility. People who want an even better range of motion should combine stretching with massage therapy to get the most benefits possible.
When you are ready to start realizing the many benefits of massage therapy find a qualified and professional practitioner to go to. Massage therapists often work alongside chiropractors to offer a whole body healing experience.