The Ability to Obtain Compensation After Construction Accidents in Holland MI

Construction workers should be covered under their employer’s worker’s compensation policy. However, just because they’re covered under the policy doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy for them to obtain the compensation they need if they’re injured on the job. Any construction worker who is injured in Construction Accidents in Holland MI may consider asking a lawyer for help.

Reasons Why Compensation is Denied

Compensation can be denied for some reasons. The most common reason for a denial is because the employer claims their employee was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the accident. The employer may also claim the worker caused the accident through unsafe work practices despite proper training or on purpose to collect a settlement. There may be technical reasons why a claim could be denied as well, such as the person filling out the paperwork improperly.

How to Gain Compensation After a Denial

Denial doesn’t always mean the worker will not be able to collect compensation for their injuries. There may have been mistakes made that led to an unfair denial, or there could be further evidence the employer was not aware of. If the worker is denied compensation after an accident, they might want to speak with a lawyer about appealing the decision.

A lawyer can look through the case to determine why it was denied and if there’s a way to appeal the denial to help their client obtain compensation for their injuries. If there is a possibility the worker could still obtain compensation, they will start working on the appeal right away. This process could be lengthy, but it is worth it when the worker can get the money they need to cover lost wages, medical bills, and any other expenses from the accident.

If you’ve been injured in an accident while working in construction, you may want to speak with a lawyer who handles Construction Accidents in Holland MI so you can ensure you receive the compensation you’re entitled to. They can help you if your claim has been denied and you believe you should have been able to obtain compensation for your injuries. Contact Bleakley Law Offices P C or visit them online to find a lawyer ready to help.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This