Searching for a home? Looking for an Alpharetta Real Estate Agent? There are right ways and wrong ways to purchase a house. The latter of which will cost you a lot of frustration, stress, and money. Use best practices, as offered by real estate agents below — and you’ll walk away a winner with a smile on your face and extra money in your bank account.
- Research agents before hiring one. Choosing the right real estate agent can make a difference when it comes to finding your dream property and negotiating the best price. Doing your homework upfront can help you make an intelligent decision and choose a qualified agent who’s right for your needs.
- Run through all the fees. Most first-time buyers focus on the down payment — the largest out-of-pocket cost — but there are many other expenses required for a home purchase that you should be aware of before beginning the home-buying process. It’s important to figure all this out before making a purchase to ensure you can afford the expenses.
- Buy a house below your means. While some of your pals might struggle to pay for something at the top of their budget, shooting for a house that is a little less than what you’re approved for will enable you to save more effectively for emergencies.
- Compare mortgage rates. The more you shop, the more you save. Many first home buyers get a quote from only one mortgage lender. Comparing quotes from a few or more mortgage lenders can save you a lot of money.
- Buy homeowner’s insurance. Before you close on your new home, your lender will require you to purchase homeowner’s insurance. Shop around to find the best deals. Look closely at what’s covered in the insurance policies; going with a cheaper policy typically means more out-of-pocket expenses when you file claims.
Need a reliable Alpharetta Real Estate Agent? If you’re ready to buy a new home, contact Ryan Lewis and Associates to book an appointment. Let’s make your dream home a reality. Our goal is to help you achieve yours!