If you’re contemplating a project that requires terrazzo or marble, you’ll want to deal with an established company of specialists who can help you find the best way forward with your project. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your talks with your terrazzo and marble supply company.
- Before you pick up the phone, work out the total amount that you have for your project, and what portion of it you can spend on terrazzo and marble.
- Figure out how many square feet your project will require. Stone and terrazzo have a fairly wide price range. Knowing the square footage allows you to figure how much stone you’ll need at the cost per square foot.
- Do your homework on the type of marble that you want. Marble comes from the quarry in slabs or blocks of varying size and thickness, and then is cut and finished to fit your specifications. You may also buy precut marble tiles and decorative features.
- Study the terrazzo on offer, and look at how it’s made. The ingredients should always include Portland cement, granite, and quartz, in addition to colorants, different types of stone, and recycled glass. Ask if there is a warranty offered.
- Ask for an estimate in writing for how much the materials will cost. Do not forget to ask for an estimate of how many labor hours it will take to complete the project start to finish, and at what hourly cost.
- Talk to the contractors and get a feel about who you’re comfortable with. Did they show up on time? Did they present a portfolio or offer references? Are they licensed, bonded, and insured?
Hiring a terrazzo and marble specialist with a good work history is the best way to make sure that you project is a success!