Carrier compressors are part of a long and durable history. The company founder – Willis Carrier (1876-1950), was also the inventor of commercial air conditioning. Today, air conditioning is an integral part of the American way of life. However, the vision Carrier held of inventive and innovative technological advances is not dead. The Weather Expert models are one clear example of how a Carrier compressor continues to adapt to the changing business and physical environment.
The WeatherExpert Models
The WeatherExpert models produced by Carrier are commercial rooftops. This series now has a capacity of as high as 150 tons. The first models ranged between 3 to 23 tons; the second from 6 to 23; the latest from 75 to 150. While the capacity may vary, the series does have certain features that remain constant. They include:
* Integrated Energy Efficiency Ratio (IEER) ratings up to 21.0
* Meets or exceeds all current ASHRAE 90.1-2010 and Energy Star® energy requirements
* Three stages of capacity control
* Novation® heat exchanger technology
* Use a scroll Carrier compressor and electronically commutated motor (ECM)
* Integrated ComfortLink controls
* The indoor fan motor is regulated by Carrier’s Staged Air Volume (SAV™), CV or VAV fan systems
* Versatility – gas heat, electric heat, hydronic heat, and cooling-only
* High-level efficiency results in long-term savings
* Low installation and maintenance costs
* Design flexibility: Vertical, horizontal and mixed air configurations
The result is one of the most comprehensive and effective rooftop systems available.
The Carrier Compressor
Carrier is a producer of a variety of commercial and refrigeration units and parts. They produce reliable and affordable good-quality chiller barrels, compressors, compressor units, condensing units and water-cooled condensers. Their reputation for improving their existing compressors in innovative ways results in their maintaining their status as a leading manufacturer in their field. When it comes to commercial and industrial applications, you can always rely on a Carrier compressor to provide maximum cooling sustainably and at a reasonable price.