Building a case against an entity involved in the oil and gas industry can be exhausting. But, justice is deserved in every field. Oil And Gas Litigation in Louisiana may involve any of the below five core matters.
• Accounting Errors: Sometimes it may be logical to pursue a case with the accountant involved with the oil and gas production in the area. The accountant has a certain duty to perform to the best of their ability for their client. The accounting procedures can severely slow down any progress. If the slow progress by the accountant is deemed unworthy and unreasonable, there may be a potential case involved.
• Royalties: Royalties are typically paid down the line, and that is paramount in giving an individual the funds they are legally obligated to. Royalties may take weeks to come in. In between the acceptance of the royalties and the payment, any number of obstacles can get in the way. Some are fair, some are not.
• Heir and Ownership: There are often disputes about the right and the hair to land that involves oil. The extension of that is known as mineral rights. These sometimes overlap, which causes a host of business-related complications. The fact is that an oil and gas litigation in Louisiana could derive solely from one person staking a claim on a region they have no authority in. That can be enough to wrench the entire project.
• Legal Matters with the State: The state is another involved legal entity. They may have specific condemnation claims on the mineral rights of an area, and that can derail the entire process. The important question is to determine if they have a stance. It is one of the most common obstacles in the state of Louisiana, due to mounting political pressures and an influx of gas production.
• Physical Access to Site: Physical access to drilling sites may be restricted for any number of reasons. The owner of the property who is receiving the royalties can often be subjected out of the drilling grounds. Is this fair? Is it legal? Physical access to production location has become another consideration for part owners.
Browse our website to learn more about any specific situation. Work with an agency that has the distinguished authority to take on major entities in the oil industry and follow the rights of the small guy in this vast and competitive area.