Modern dentures are a great improvement over earlier ill-fitting dentures and are used successfully by millions of people worldwide. Each denture is custom-made for that individual and is removable. Dentures are an excellent solution for a person who has multiple missing teeth, but each person must be evaluated for suitability at a Dentist office. Implant-supported dentures provide an effective solution for many of the “cons” associated with dentures.
* Dentures improve your smile.
* Dentures prevent facial muscles from sagging, making a person appear to be older.
* Dentures make it possible for an individual to eat and speak more normally.
* Dentures are cost-effective.
* Dentures can be difficult for some people to get used to, especially dentures for the lower jaw.
* Some foods, such as corn on the cob or apples, will still be difficult to eat.
* After a denture has been in place for hours, denture adhesive tends to become less effective, resulting in a denture that does not fit as securely as it did earlier in the day.
* Weight loss or age can affect the fit of a denture.
Implants Provide Stability for Dentures
Implants can be successfully used to support a denture on either the upper or lower jaw, but is especially useful for people having difficulty with a denture for the lower jaw. Normally, a denture simply rests on the gums. Implants act as anchors, holding the denture firmly in place with special attachments. This solution works very well for someone who is missing teeth, but still has enough bone left in the jaw to support the implants. Implant-supported dentures should be removed at night and cleaned daily, just as with regular dentures.
Implant-supported dentures have been an effective solution for many denture wearers who wanted to be increased stability and comfort. Eating and speaking are easier and there is no worry about a denture becoming loose. Most find it possible to eat foods that they could not eat before the implants. Of course, each person’s situation is unique.
Carrier Dentistry has been focused on providing gentle dentistry for the entire family for over a decade. They offer a wide range of family, cosmetic and pediatric dental services to the residents of Grand Prairie, TX and the surrounding area. If you would like more information about dental implants or have other dental needs, call the Dentist office or visit Carrierdentistrytx.com.