A diamond pendant makes a great gift for nearly any occasion. This is a piece of jewelry a woman will likely wear very regularly, so it should be personalized closely to her style and her preferences in jewelry. Here are three questions to ask to help choose a diamond pendant.
1. What’s her jewelry style? Diamond pendants range from simple and classic styles to edgier and more modern ones. Having a good idea of what the rest of her jewelry wardrobe is like can help you pick a diamond setting that she’ll love and that will work well with the rest of her wardrobe.
2. What metal does she prefer? You can find diamond necklaces in white gold, yellow gold, rose gold and sometimes, in platinum. Many women prefer not to mix metals, so it can be important to choose the setting and chain from the metal she prefers to wear most of the time.
3. What chain length would she like? Diamond necklaces are typically shorter, with either a 16-inch or 18 inch chain. These lengths allow the necklace to be showcased with V-neck or round neck blouses and dresses. When chains are too long, the pendant can get lost to the eye as it lands on her clothes.
Once you have successfully answered these three questions and have determined your budget, you are ready to go shopping. Take the time to visit several jewelers, as this will give you the best idea of the variety of styles, sizes and designs that are available. Some of the details you’ll have to choose from include:
- Special settings – choose from heart shapes, modern abstract designs and simple settings that showcase the diamond.
- Multiple stone settings – some pendants will feature just one stone while others will have multiple. Three stone designs are popular, with the stones cascading down the setting from smallest to largest.
- Settings that include gemstones – some diamond pendants feature additional stones, such as rubies, emeralds or sapphires. These additional stones can create a stunning look.
You’ll find that there are many choices in diamond pendants, so your selection will be very wide and varied. But, if you have answered the three questions above and have a set budget, you’ll be armed with the information you need to choose a diamond pendant that will work well with the rest of her wardrobe and be one of her favorite pieces of jewelry.